Tuesday, June 15

Kolkata gets clinic to tackle foot and ankle problems

Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Common deformities of the lower limb like heel problem, high arched foot and flat foot are often neglected to lead to further complications like excruciating back pain, muscle pain, ankle sprains, leg pain, inability to walk or stand for long hours. Kolkata finally got an advanced and comprehensive foot and ankle clinic.

Touted as the first such clinic in the eastern part of the country, the facility was opened at Kolkata’s Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals.

Equipped with a 3D foot scan, which has an indicator with artificial intelligence (AI). this scanning machine can detect the degree of problem and recommends the remedial product.

“Apart from flat foot, high arched foot, another critical problem we see is Diabetic foot leading to foot ulcers. For treating such patients with surgeries, having a set up in a tertiary care hospital is extremely important as the other departments can address the related complications like foot amputation risks,” said Dr Kushal Nag consultant orthopaedic surgeon of the hospital.

According to experts, about 10% people with foot problems require surgeries and the remaining 90%, if detected early, can be treated with conservative orthopaedic management (customized 3D insoles designed exactly to address individual problems). The just-launched facility will also address problems of the lower limb like plantar fasciitis, flat feet and arthritis along with alleviating day-to-day problems such as thickened toenails, fungal nail infections or ingrown toenails.

ATK players Edu Garcia, Roy Krishna and Pritam Kotal along with hospital officials were present during the inauguration.


Source: Times of India

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.